Leaving the comfort of your home and going to an ATM stand or vendor shop to recharge your electric meter can be very stressful. Indeed, the mere thought of rushing out again when your current recharge finishes is disturbing, but what if we told you you can recharge your electricity meter in the comfort of your house? In this article, we will show you how to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online without stress.
What do I need to Pay Electricity Bill online?
- Your ATM card details for the online transactions (Master/Verve/Visa cards).
- A smartphone, laptop, or desktop with an active internet.
- Your Prepaid meter number: This number is usually boldly written on the body of your prepaid meter.
- Phone number and email address: This is where the token will be sent to.
How to Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter Online Using Quickteller
Another way to recharge your prepaid electricity meter online is to use a platform called Quickteller.
- Open your preferred browser and visit quickteller.com.
- Choose your distribution company. You can look it up on the search bar.
- Input your details. These details include your meter number, email address, mobile number, a one-time password, and the amount you wish to pay.
- Confirm the preferred amount by reviewing the details and clicking continue. They would charge a small transaction fee for this service.
- Input your card details and make the payment.
- It will redirect you to a web-pay page where you can either make the payment using your debit card or e-wallet.
- Confirm your payment and top up the recharge code.
- Once you make this payment, the quickteller will send an OTP to your mobile phone as a safety measure. After this is confirmed, you will get a successful payment message at the top of the page. You will also receive your recharge pin code on this page. Feed the recharge code pin on your prepaid meter.
How to Recharge Prepaid Meter online using Nepa.ng
Visit nepa.ng on your preferred browser. Select the electricity distribution company you are registered with and input your meter number. Enter the number of electricity units you want to buy. Input your mobile phone number and email address. Input your credit card details, confirm your order summary, and wait for your prepaid token to arrive in a few seconds.
How to Buy Electricity Online using Buypower.ng
Using Buypower.ng is one of the fastest ways to recharge your meter. One of the amazing things about buypower.ng is that it covers all the states in the country! Yes, it covers consumers from all the states in Nigeria.
To buy power from power.ng:
- Visit BuyPower.ng website on your preferred browser.
- Input your phone number and fill in your information on the form that will be displayed, including full name, state of residence, email address, meter number, and amount of electricity you want to buy.
- Choose an online payment method and fill in your details, such as the bank name, credit card type and number, and the CVV number.
- Validate the transaction with the onetime password sent to your phone number by your bank. The recharge details will be sent to the phone number you entered in the second step.
How to Recharge Prepaid meter using iRecharge
iRecharge ensures that your online transactions are hitch-free-for-all buyers. The platform is user-friendly.
The first thing to do to enjoy a smooth recharge is to open a personal account on the iRecharge website. Once successfully opened, kindly do the following:
- Log in to the online platform and select the wallet option.
- Then click on ‘fund wallet’ and transfer your cash from your bank account.
- Input the required information and continue with your deposit.
- Once the deposited amount has been reflected on your dashboard, you can select the electricity bill.
- Enter the amount of electricity you desire to recharge your prepaid meter and fill in other required information.
- After completing the above steps, they will send the recharge pin to the mobile number you inputted.
How to Recharge Prepaid meter using Bank Mobile Applications
Most banks in Nigeria have now made it possible to carry out online transactions through their mobile applications. Follow these simple steps to recharge your prepaid meter from your mobile bank application:
- The first thing is to log in to your mobile bank application.
- Then click on the ‘pay electrical bill’ feature.
- Select the electricity distribution company with which they registered your prepaid meter and fill in your prepaid meter number and the amount you wish to purchase
- . Fill in your bank details and validate the transaction using the OTP sent to your phone.
- They will send your recharge pin to your mobile number in a few seconds.
How to Recharge Prepaid Electricity meter using Instant Energy?
Instant Energy is a worldwide platform that provides energy solutions to homes, companies, and industries. Basically, you can access the platform by using their mobile phone application or logging in to their official website.
- First, you need to open an account with Instant Energy by visiting their webpage or using the mobile application.
- Click on ‘buy electricity’ and fill in your name, phone number, meter number, and the amount you want to recharge.
- Proceed with the payment by filling in your bank details, input the OTP sent from your bank to your mobile number and you will receive your prepaid recharge pin in a few seconds.
How to recharge a prepaid elctrici
- GT Bank users can dial *737*50*amount* Disco short code# to recharge their meter.
- You can also recharge your prepaid meter on Ikeja electricity website by dialing the USSD code: *565*6*0013*MeterNo/AccountNo/Amount#
If you fall under the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, AEDC recognizes the following USSD code on its website. The USSD codes vary with the platforms you registered with:
- Payoutlet users, dial *389*101*Meter Number# on your mobile phone.
- Buypower users, dial *402*00009548*Amount# on your mobile phone.
- Paga users, dial *242*803# on your mobile phone.
- iRecharge users, dial *6606# on your mobile phone.
How to recharge prepaid electricity prepaid meter using AEDC website
AEDC simply means Abuja Electricity Distribution Company. There are various payment platforms to recharge your prepaid meter on the AEDC website. Some of the online payment link on the AEDC websites include: Accesspower, Kallak Power, Quick Teller, Paga, Buypower, Lumia, and, irecharge.
How to recharge prepaid electricity meter online using IE website
Open your preferred browser and go to www.ikejaelectric.com. There are several payment outlets on IE website that you can choose from to make and finalize your payment. You can also make your payment for Ikeja Electricity by dialing the USSD code: *565*6*0013*MeterNo/AccountNo/Amount# on your mobile phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I buy electricity from USSD?
Buying electricity from USSD is a simple task. However, this depends on your bank and the online platform you are buying from. You can buy electricity on Ikeja electric website using *565*6*0013*MeterNo/AccountNo/Amount#
Can you buy prepaid electricity with airtime?
Buying electricity with airtime is a potential possibility in the future. You cannot buy electricity using airtime for now.
How do I buy Nepa unit from GTBank?
You can pay for your electricity unit using the GT Bank mobile application, website, or USSD code. GT Bank users can recharge their prepaid electric meter by dialing *737*50*amount* Disco short code#
The era when people go out of their houses to queue in a NEPA office just to recharge their electric meters is long gone. In fact, you don’t need to leave the comfort of your house to an ATM stand or a vendor shop. Whether day or night, a sunny afternoon or a rainy morning, all you have to do is just pick up your mobile phone and follow any of the various ways listed here to recharge your prepaid electric meter at home without stress.